- Regional contrasts in the socio-economic transformation of post-Soviet Russia.
- Hungary on the threshold of EU entry.
- Geog. 102: Principles of Human Geography
- Geog. 594: Geography of the Former USSR
- Geog. 794: Regions of the Former USSR
- Dienes, Leslie, Istvan Dobozi and Marian Radetzki, Energy and Economic Reform in the former Soviet Union. St. Martin Press, 1994.
- Energy and Mineral Exports from the Former USSR: Philosopher's Stone or Fool's Gold. University of Washington: The Henry M. Jackson School of International Studies. The Donald W. Treadgold Papers. August 1998.
- "Reflections on a Geographic Dichotomy: Archipelago Russia," Eurasian Geography and Economics, vol. 43, no. 6, 2002, pp. 443-458.
- "Perestroyka and the Slavic Regions," Soviet Economy, vol. 5, no. 3, July-Sept., 1989, pp. 251-275.
- "The Soviet Energy Policy," US Congress, Joint Economic Committee, Soviet Economy in a Time of Change, (Washington, D.C.: US Government Printing Office, 1979, pp, 197-230.