Most applicants to the REES program have completed an undergraduate major in the social sciences or humanities, but successful REES graduate students have come from other fields. While a student’s GPA and GRE scores are helpful in determining his/her overall academic potential, the department uses a holistic approach toward admissions, looking at all elements of the application packet before making a decision (language preparation, transcripts, letters of recommendation, GRE scores, statement of intent). In the past, the average GPA has been above 3.28 and the GRE scores of successful M.A. applicants have been above-average (verbal, quantitative and analytical).
For priority admission (and to be considered for funding) for FALL semester, please submit all materials by January 1st. It may be possible for students to begin the program off-cycle in the Spring or Summer semesters; please contact us at email@example.com to discuss this option.
HOW TO APPLY
- Comlete the KU Graduate Online Application.
- Payment of the application fee. Fee updates can be found here. Domestic students $65, international students $85.
The online application materials should include:
- Application cover sheet
- 2-page statement of educational and professional objectives
- 1 original transcript for all post-secondary education. Transcripts should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Graduate Admissions, 1450 Jayhawk Blvd., Strong Hall 313, Lawrence KS 66045
- 3 letters of recommendation, each accompanied by the Graduate Letter of Recommendation Form
- Test Scores: official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores (general test only). LSAT may be submitted in lieu of GRE scores for those students applying for the joint REES MA/JD
University of Kansas institutional code - 6871