Students with a completed Bachelor’s degree who have demonstrated academic competence and wish to take an upcoming graduate-level course in REES may apply as a non-degree seeking (NDS) student.
Please note undergraduate prerequisite course completion is typically necessary to succeed in graduate-level coursework. If you intend to enroll in coursework via NDS status for non-graduate study pursuits and personal interests, please specify what courses you would like to complete in the department in the personal statement.
Not all courses may be open to NDS students; please contact our graduate academic advisor before applying.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. All applicants must submit:
1. An online application submitted to Graduate Studies along with KU's graduate application fee ($30).
2. Proof of bachelor's degree (official transcript)
3. Proof of English proficiency if non-native English speaker
4. Professional letter of reference (Instructor or employer)
- Transcripts should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Graduate Admissions, 1450 Jayhawk Blvd., Strong Hall 313, Lawrence KS 66045.
- KU’s Graduate Studies page on How to Apply is a resource for application-related logistical questions.
Graduate Academic Advisor
Center for Russian, East European & Eurasian Studies
1440 Jayhawk Blvd.
Lawrence, KS 66045-7574
Phone: (785) 864-9814